8.22.2012

Bows and Flowers

I finally got back in the pool to swim laps again, and it felt amazing.  So much better than cardio on the elliptical!!  Thankfully one of my good friends is holding me accountable for showing up 3x a week to work out with her.  Otherwise I think my lazy self would just call walking the dog a workout {which, when we do our 3 mile loop, is a workout}.

Yesterday a friend who is also pregnant with a little girl (she's due a week after me, too) came over and we made bows and flowers for our little ones!  Mackie and her pup played the whole time so we were able to mostly craft in peace.





I'm going to put the flowers on to headbands to skinny elastic headbands, and add clippies to the backs of the bows.  That way they can we worn in her hair or on a headband.  The bows took quite a few minutes of trial and error, till finally I watched a tutorial and learned how to make them.  The purple and the {not pictured} navy bows were made from left over ribbon from our wedding.  I made two additional pink bows, a brown bow, and a tiny orange bow.  I will still buy her bows off of Etsy, but making them is an easy and fun way to use leftovers and scraps.

PS, one of my favorite bloggers is having an amazing giveaway on her blog!  Go check it out! http://www.frommrstomama.com/.  She's giving away a canvas, blog makeover, ad space, and Starbucks gift card!

No comments:

Post a Comment