12.04.2012

The almost hospital story

The 3rd held promise.  I went to the doctor and was swept again.  It was super successful this time, and by 6pm I had lost my whole mucus plug and was starting contractions.  The whole fam dam was over eating Chinese and as soon as they were all done I cleared them out and went upstairs to labor in our room.  The contractions were pretty text-book.  About 5 minutes apart and over a minute long.  But it wasn't till about 10:30 that they became too painful to walk through.  So I let B keep sleeping for another hour, and then woke him up and we headed to the hospital.

I was hooked up to the fetal monitor as well as the external contraction monitor  and then the nurse checked me.  I was still sitting at a big, fat 1cm, despite having contractions for the past 6 hours.  As soon as she said that I knew we would be discharged.  The doctor on call was super nice and was like, I can give you 1. nothing, 2. an Ambian, or 3. a short of morphine.  I obviously chose the Ambian and preceded to not wake up once the entire night.

It's now a little after 9am and we have an appointment with the doctor who will be delivering Lizzie at 10.  Wish us luck that we get an enduction date for this evening!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for tonight and getting to meet your sweet baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting, sorry you had to go through some false contractions though.
    So soon!

    ReplyDelete