4.24.2012

7 Weeks

Written Friday, April 6th

I'm about 7 weeks and have been so sick for the past 2 weeks.  I pretty much haven't left the house, and getting in a car has become a form of torture.  Just thinking about it makes me nauseous.  B and I went and met with my new doctor at 8am and just love her.  She's one of several midwives, and the practice has two female OBs.  I'm so happy with our choice.  The appointment went well, until I had to sprint down the hall to get sick.  When we got home I got sick again and slept in the bathroom till B got home from getting my prescriptions (zofran, new baby-safe allergy meds, and a new prenatal vitamin).  The first zofran pill worked in like 10 minutes, and I was nausea free for the first time in weeks.  It was amazing, and I was able to eat and drink!  I had a craving for sauce-less cheese pizza so B ordered some for me.  I took a bite of it and burst in to tears.  B was like, "oh my God, what's wrong, are you ok?"  Then I started laughing and told him I was crying because it was so delicious.  After not eating real food in so long, I just got overwhelmed.  He's been so great, cleaning the house and taking care of me.  The zofran only lasted about an hour, and then most of the nausea returned.  But no vomiting, which is key.  I'm on my second pill, and while I didn't have the same relief, the nausea is a bit less than it's been in some time.

Weekly Notes

  • Extreme nausea
  • Bouts of crying
  • I think the horrible constipation has run it's course.  It was so bad that I'd wake up every 2 hours from the pain
  • Thirst
  • Intense carsickness.  Forget being in a car.
  • Holy boobs.  They ache, my nipples are changing...it's so weird!
  • Headache from the zofran
  • Guilt:  B leaves too soon, and we should be living up the time we have.  Instead I'm stuck in bed.  We can't have sex, go out to eat, see movies, use the Groupons we've bought...makes me feel like such a bad wife.  He keeps reminding me that I'm growing our baby, and that's what matters the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment