Today was so shitty. First I learned that there have been a string of robberies in my neighborhood. During the day-late evening, the guys are breaking in WHILE PEOPLE ARE HOME. Yes, I know that the only "safe" part of Oceanside is this center cluster that we live in. You go less than 5 miles away in any direction, and you are in the bad neighborhoods. The ones with gangs, drugs, and low-income families who might really be trying to have a better life, but they are stuck. I was just sick with worry all day. And of course California is SO STUPID, and I can't carry my gun with me in the car. Even with a CHL. Our whole neighborhood is made up of Marines, a few cops, some teachers...middle-income, GOOD people. Sorry to rant, but I'm scared and mad!
Of course G was a living nightmare today. 10 hours of whining, hitting, "crying", and throwing her self on the ground when I would ignore her. Since I told the family I am quitting, I had the balls to tell the mom how horrific today went. I really don't care that they now know how bad their kids are. They deserve to know that their whole "non-discipline" approach has backfired.
On to better news: A girlfriend from church and her big chocolate lab, Daisy, are coming over tomorrow for a puppy play-date. Mackie is SO excited, obviously ;)
Then on Tuesday my sorority sister, Katie, and I are getting together for a day of crafting! I'm planning on practicing my binding so when Ceanna and I make her baby's bedding I won't mess it all up :)
Here is my Fill in the Blank Friday!
1. The first thing I do in the morning is: take my temp temp. Then hit snooze.
2. Every night before bed I: set my alarm and get cozy with my million pillows!
3. My favorite thing to do when I'm having a bad day is: sleep!!
4. Something that makes me cringe is: poor hygiene!
5. Social situations can make me anxious, depending of what they are for. Meeting B's bosses= anxious.
6. I like to collect: honestly, nothing. I'm not a pack-rat.
7. Weekends are for sleeping in and playing with the pup all day!