12.28.2011

Christmas in a nutshell.

My first Christmas as a Webster was pretty awesome, and very busy!

We drove 22 hours straight from California to the DFW area and arrived here at 2am.  B and I switched drivers every 2-3 hours so that we could nap and not get burned out from driving.  Never.  Again.  It was way too long of a drive.

Friday was spent helping my in-laws clean up the house and grocery shopping for Christmas Eve.  B and I got together with his brother and his girlfriend, and another couple, and went to see ICE at the Gaylord, which was really cool.  The theme was Shrek, so it wasn't very Christmasy, unfortunately.

Saturday we prepped for having family over to celebrate Christmas.  We opened gifts from each other and watched the grandkids go crazy :)

Sunday we opened our stockings and gifts from Santa, had breakfast, and hung out till about 1:30.  Then we got on the road to Muenster to spend time with both sets of B's grandparents.

Monday we all slept in and ran some errands before ordering pizza and having family friends over.  The boys all played dominos and us girls talked and hung out.  It was just a nice, relaxing evening!

Today Nancy, Tara, and I went shopping while the guys went shooting.  I got a ton of Christmas decor for half off, and I can't wait to use it next year!  This evening B and I are off to Babe's Chicken (My only must-eat at requirement when we are in Texas).

No comments:

Post a Comment