9.30.2011

Because I am a big baby

I'm sick.  My mom isn't here to check on me, B isn't here to cuddle me, and my college roomies aren't here to bring me toasted bagels from the House kitchen.  Blah.  A few days ago I felt a sinus infection coming on, and then today I got a major allergy attack.  So I'm pretty miserable...and I felt like complaining.


Work was fun, despite feeling shitty.  The kids played pretty well and the little guy (S) didn't slap any kids today.  So that was a win.  This afternoon I took them to the hobby shop on base (which is so awesome) and we painted ceramics.  G painted a giraffe because she is OBSESSED with them, and I gave S a shark to attempt to paint. Of course, he felt the need to take a big glob on paint on his brush and eat it...he was so blue!  Thank God it was all non-toxic and washable, etc.  I painted a little plate navy and lime green (our wedding colors) with polka dots and a big W on the middle.  It looks like an 8 year old made it, but that's about normal for me :).


I came across this blog this evening, and decided to play along with the "ABCs of Me"



Age: 25...I'm so old
Bed size: King
Chore you hate: Folding laundry!!!
Dogs: B and I are getting a lab pup in a few weeks!  His name is going to be Mac 
Essential start of your day: A shower and coffee 
Favorite color: Blue, green, brown...
Gold or silver: I'm pretty much only a silver gal
Height: 5'3"
Instruments I play (or have played): Nada, sadly.  Back when I was an elementary ed. teacher I had to learn how to play the recorder and a few simple songs on the piano though.
Job title: Nanny 
Kids: I cannot wait to have them!
Live: Back in California...less than 50 miles from where I was born
Mom's name: I call her Mom
Nickname: I don't have one
Overnight hospital stays: Non
Pet peeve: Rudeness.
Quote from a movie: I am the WORST at remembering stuff from movies
Right or left handed: Right.
Siblings: Two little brothers
Time you wake up: During the week I get up around 6:00 and on the weekends I sleep late!
Underwear: Usually a thong.  I hate weggies from regular undies!
Vegetables you dislike: I really LOVE all veggies!
What makes you run late: Hitting the snooze button.
X-rays you've had done: A lot on my teeth.  And I've had a bunch of CT scans for headaches 
Yummy food you make: Cookies!
Zoo animal: I think hippos are SO goofy.  And I love watching the big cats!

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to go into the hobby store there. We are up there probably once a month, but hubs is always with me. I highly doubt he will go. I am def. stopping by next time now.
    And do you run a daycare at home? I have been contemplating on that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hobby shop is so awesome if you like painting ceramics! I know they have other crafty things there too, but I don't know any detail.
    I am a nanny for a family with two kiddos, and I go over to their home. So no, I don't run a daycare :) Though my SIL does and she loves it!

    ReplyDelete