8.28.2011

Guest blog post and weekend recap

Good afternoon, ladies!  Happy news: Stephanie, over at While I'm Waiting, needed some guest bloggers while she is on vacation with her Marine BF in Florida (I know, so lucky).  My post will be up on Saturday, so get excited!  I'm personally looking forward to reading everyone else's posts so I can find more blogs to follow (is that creepy?).

This weekend was really great!  On Friday after work my friend, A, called me to grab some frozen yogurt.  While stuffing our faces, we decided we should go out to the bars.  So we split up to get ready (and tell B that we were going out), and A and her friend, J, met us at our house and the four of us went down to Carlsbad.  The night got a little lot fuzzy after the first bar, so B took me home around midnight (B and I don't drink like we did in college, so 3 vodka-red bulls got me pretty drunk).

Saturday morning was spend recovering and then A and I went shopping.  I just had to pick up the jeans and tank I bought from Macy's last week, and A needed some fall boots.  Well, we walked past a pet store and just had to go in to play with the puppies.  I made and b-line for the rottweiler puppy, and she went for the malti-poo.  Very long story short, 3 hours later she had adopted her little fur-ball baby!!  His name is up in the air still, but he is so tiny and NOT a puppy mill pup.  The pet store buys from private breeders and adopts from the local humane societies.
So A had a new family member, and our future puppy, Mac, will have a little playmate!

Saturday night B and I drove down to Miramar to take a friend out to dinner.  We found out that he is planning on proposing to his girlfriend in a few months...so exciting!!  I love engagements!

Today was a lazy Sunday.  We went to church and B is currently working on his Harley with a guy from work.  The guy brought his daughter over, so we made cookies and have been watching Spongebob.  We made Brown-sugar cookies, which I found on Pintrest.  They are so amazing!!
I skipped the frosting because I wasn't ready to let an 8 year old mix melted butter and sugar...just too messy to clean up if the bowl got spilled!  But I might frost them this evening and give them to B to take to work.

I hope yall had a great weekend!  Any one do anything fun?  Read any good books lately?  Find some awesome deals?

Soft Brown Sugar Cookies Recipe

Ingredients:

2/3 c. butter, softened
1-1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. sour cream

Directions:

Blend together butter and brown sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time; blend well.  Add vanilla; beat until light.  In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream; mix well.  Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto non-stick or lightly greased baking sheets.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.  Remove to a wire rack; cool.  Frost with Browned Butter Frosting.  Makes 2 dozen

Browned Butter Frosting
1/4 c. butter
1-1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 T. Milk

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it turns golden.  Watch carefully as this will happen quickly. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and enough milk to make a spreading consistency.

5 comments:

  1. Oh your blog is so sweet! I love the title... one of my favorite songs. :)
    The cookies sound amazing by the way.
    xx

    P.S. Following you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Emily! You had me from Hello was our First Dance song at our wedding...ya, I'm pretty cheesy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Pinterest. They have so many good and delicious recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, I want to make these cookies and they're linked wrong above (and I can't find them on your Pinterest)...gimme the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft Brown Sugar Cookies

    Ingredients:

    2/3 c. butter, softened
    1-1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
    2 eggs
    1 t. vanilla extract
    2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
    1/2 t. baking powder
    1 t. baking soda
    1/2 t. salt
    1 c. sour cream

    Directions:

    Blend together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time; blend well. Add vanilla; beat until light. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream; mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto non-stick or lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; cool. Frost with Browned Butter Frosting. Makes 2 dozen

    Browned Butter Frosting
    1/4 c. butter
    1-1/2 c. powdered sugar
    2 T. Milk

    Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it turns golden. Watch carefully as this will happen quickly. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and enough milk to make a spreading consistency.

    ReplyDelete